What information do we collect from the people that use our data tool (“Tool”) or website (“Website”)?
When using our Tool or registering on our Website, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details as needed.
We also may collect the following information about your use of our Application Tool, geolocation information; language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Tool; and the length of time that you are logged into our Tool.
We may also collect information provided by you about your home address; description of home performance upgrades that have been made to the referenced project Property; date the upgrades were made; certain costs of the upgrades; contractor(s) who peformed the upgrades; energy savings; information on any rebates or incentives that were received; information on any third-party certifications that were obtained and other related information.
How do we use your information?
Certain information we collect from users of the data Tool may be accessed by the public and used to assist real estate industry professionals in determining home values and to take into account home performance upgrades in this determination. Because of the unrestricted access of this information, it may be accessed by governmental agencies and others who may want to find out more about the home performance upgrades that have been made.
Certain information we collect from users of the data Tool may also be shared with data aggregators, such as an online map, which may identify your project as a property that is listed in AjO. Your project information may also be used to populate a Green Building Registry, which will inform a variety of multiple listing services (MLS). Use of your information may help better market your property and potentially increase the appraised value of your property.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register on our Application Tool or Website, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Application Tool or Website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To locate a construction professional.
- To personalize a user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and service offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our Application Tool and Website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your products and our
How do we protect user information?
Our Application Tool and Website are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visits as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of designated AjO administrators who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a User places an order and enters, submits, or accesses their information, in order to maintain the safety of the User’s personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process your transactions.
- Understand and save a User’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer/device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your internet browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- You will still be able to access our Website but some features will be disabled and may not function properly.
- You will not be able to access the Tool Application.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you, because those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information to the following persons or under the following circumstances:
- Other Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- In Response to Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others: We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which AjO is involved.
However, non-personally identifiable user information (e.g., aggregate data) may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Tool or Website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome your feedback about these .
How does our site handle “do not track” signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13 years old. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To comply with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- We do NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- We include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- We monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- We honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- We allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at Admin@AjOhp.org
PO Box 2183
Nevada City CA 95959